Following the circulation of our weekly newsletter yesterday, some updates have been made to the article about Citizens Advice Waverley. Please see this information below and contact them for further details.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Best wishes, take care and have a lovely weekend.
The team at VASWS. Coronavirus Crisis: Citizens Advice Waverley – Working Together We Can Win
Please see a message below from Citizens Advice Waverley:
“Coronavirus has made an unprecedented impact on people’s lives, Yet, in these most challenging of times, the emergence of community support groups has been a shining light.
In addition to the fantastic work that your group is doing, Citizens Advice Waverley is here to help people in your community – whoever they are and whatever their problem.
How we help:
If people in your community have been affected, our Advisers can provide advice about a range of issues:
Paying your bills
In addition, our The South West Surrey Domestic Abuse Outreach Team is continuing to help during this period. Domestic Abuse is any incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive, threatening behaviour, violence or abuse between those aged 16-years-old or over who are, or have been, intimate partners or family members regardless of gender or sexuality.
Contact us at Citizens Advice Waverley
Although our offices are closed at the moment, your community can contact our team of more than 60 home-based Advisors:
• Email – for a fast response, please complete our online form at: Citizens Advice Waverley email form – https://waverleycab.org.uk/enquiry-form/
• Phone – if you need to speak with an Adviser, call our Adviceline: 0344 848 7969
Our advice is FREE and INDEPENDENT.
Contact our Domestic Abuse Team
The South West Surrey Domestic Abuse Outreach Team is continuing to provide support during this period. Our Domestic Abuse Team includes qualified Independent Domestic Violence Advisers who provide practical advice and emotional support. We will always listen, support and believe. Call us on 01483 898884 (Mon-Fri 9-4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your community can also access a huge amount of online self-help material:
• Citizens Advice Waverley website – https://waverleycab.org.uk/coronavirus-crisis/
• Citizens Advice Waverley Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/WaverleyCAB/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/WaverleyCAB
• National Citizens Advice information site: Coronavirus: What it Means for You – https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/health/coronavirus-what-it-means-for-you/
• Advice on the most popular topics relating to the impact of Coronavirus- https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/coronavirus-if-your-employer-has-told-you-not-to-work/
o If your employer has told you not to work -https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/coronavirus-if-your-employer-has-told-you-not-to-work/
o Check what benefits you can get – https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/coronavirus-check-what-benefits-you-can-get/
o If you can’t pay your bills –
o If you’re self-employed –
Please can I ask you to spread the word to your community group – a social post or e-mail would be ideal. And if there is any way that we can help your community, do not hesitate to contact me personally at mailto:email@example.com
Thank you for your support.
Kind regards and stay safe.
CEO at Citizens Advice Waverley
Voluntary Action South West Surrey
39 Castle Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 3UQ, GB
Registered number: 05841344
Charity number: 1116293