A message from Elstead Parish Council
With the increasing impact of Coronavirus (Covid-19) across the globe and the UK – Elstead Parish Council is acutely aware of the impact that the Government guidelines will have across our community. We are working with Surrey County and Waverley Borough Councils on local initiatives, focusing on the vulnerable.
We urge you to :
- follow the recent government guidelines (see links adjacent)
- if you are able – keep your neighbourly spirit alive (helping the vulnerable), whilst maintaining all government guidelines in mind, to protect yourself and others.
- Bookmark this site – we will update this page
From a volunteering and those need help perspective we are working on:
- sharing information on local businesses that can help – see the list below which will be added to
- asking for your volunteering help, if able, and what you can help with – coming here and on facebook soon
- a way to ask for help from the volunteers
- with the volunteers, how we can coordinate matching volunteers to those needing assistance
- making this information available on leaflets and posters around the village.
- Reviewing our emergency plan (which can only be activated by WBC / SCC in this situation)
Guidance and instructions from the Parish Councils leads authorities will continue to emerge. We will do our upmost to keep you informed. We are very lucky in our community to already have the volunteer group of Help In Elstead. Take care of yourself, your families and neighbours as well as you can. Together we will work through the challenges we face.
Provided by Waverley Borough Council, with Elstead coming under the Farnham area, serviced by The Gostrey Centre, who can be contacted on 01252 727280 or email@example.com The community meals service has capacity to support more people now, and Waverley are looking at ways to widen the community meals service to meet demand, which they anticipate will increase.
Local volunteers have set up a Food Bank in the village for those in need. If you need some provisions then come along to the Royal British Legion Billmeir Barn, Thursley Road on Thursdays 10-11.30am. For donations please give either at The Spar or The Legion.
Local Food Shops
Shopping locally can help with social distancing, as well as supporting local businesses
Pubs now providing Takeaways
Local Pubs providing takeaways (and/or deliveries) under temporary legislation
Other Local Takeaways
Hog Roast Meal (Hog Roast, potatoes, stuffing, apple sauce, salad) for £9 | Hog Roast roll (Hog Roast in a roll, apple sauce, stuffing, salad) for £5. | We deliver to Shackleford, Puttenham, Milford, Eashing, Witley, Ash, Elstead and nearby areas. | Free delivery over £20 | Orders on Friday, Saturday and Sunday | Covid-19 safe | Online payment